Tuesday, May 5, 2009

O'rings gone, wire in

Had an appointment at Luyang Clinic today at 2.15pm. I arrived early to hopefully get a parking right in front of the building. I got one. Yay! It was still lunchtime so I walked across the street to get some lunch from one of the Kedai makan there. Food wasn't so nice actually but on an empty stomach, anything is edible.

My appointment was supposed to be at 2.15pm but my number was called sometime around 2.05pm. I went in and saw the new doctor. Umm... ok.

I am supposed to have another impression done on my teeth today. So I confirmed that with the doctor. I gently (I was tempted to just bark out the order..she sounded too uninformed) said that Doc Devi would take out the o'rings and archwire before making an impression. The new doc consulted the nurses whether that was the usual procedure and thank goodness they said yes. So, after a while, she proceeded to take out the o'rings.
I have to say, she has this annoying habit of clicking her tongue and suddenly humming unidentifiable songs when the going gets tough for her. It happens quite often too. As she was trying to ease out the archwires from the back of my upper molars, she 'tsk'ed and lapsed into her brief hummings and saying things like.. ' susa la..' D-uh..
Sigh.. to not be discouraged by all these.. I will not divulge so much anxiety over this doc's inexperience.. After all, it's the surgery that's going to be important.. kan?

So, had my impressions done, had the archwires replaced, had wire ligatures instead of o'rings wound around the brackets, and had a brief q & A with Doc Fatimah.
I have another appointment with her next week for a 'wafer' session with her. And if my surgery date is confirmed by 12th next week, she'll be putting in the surgery hooks. She will have some discussion with the two oral surgeons who are going to perform the surgery on me. And my length of time being warded in SMC depends on the progress of my healing. I'd probably be out on MC for about 3-4 weeks... Umm...
Crossing my fingers and toes again.. I'm excited and half anxious about this surgery but one thing's for sure, I want to get through this.

No comments: