Thursday, May 14, 2009

6th day post-op

Remind myself to remind myself... (very austin power-like) that all the blog-posts i read concerning jaw surgery will not really be as luxurious as how I recuperate from this op. Not in the US of A, or Canada or where any other western country..
This is in Sabah, Malaysia. and recuperating in a government hospital isn't very comfortable but.. ok la..bagus already dis.. nasib ada..(the forever positive thinking of malaysians).

Ok.
My feeding regime is to have 200ml of water to every 3-half scoops of ensure, every 3 hours. I was nodding off when my alarm clock beeped at 3 am this morning. But woke up I did. Fed myself through the tubes. The other patients were making sick noises of their own. Let's see, it has been 9 days being away from my own bed. Can't miss that.

After the feed, I went back to sleep. Woke up sometime before 6am when me mum came round. My face felt more bloated than ever with a firm and insistant throbbing of pain coming from my gums and general jaw area..
Still feeling numb on the lower part of my face. still feel like a chipmunk, like as if i have something tucked and hidden in insides the cheeks for future references for chewing purposes. The lower lips gets tingly once in a while.

Mum fed me with the crushed painkillers.. plain panadol with celebrex.
Kena tebuk lagi my right hand for the i.v. drip.
I have another review with the doc later in the day to remove the janggut-like sutures on the sides of my face.
Good news. My sis is coming from Labuan to take care of me for a few days. Raay!!


the vein where the iv tube on my left hand was in swelled up last night so it was discontinued.. quite a tricky bisnes going to the loo with an iv drip in your hand oo..

my new iv tube..'installed' this morning. pink means..2nd or 3rd largest needle..

No comments: