Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Counting...

Had another review with the OS just now. She poked here and there asking me if I could feel the pokes or not. As usual, a horde of other docs wearing masks were right there witnessing ( i didn't use the word learning..since none of them were holding any notebooks or pens.. just looked slightly interested) the poking. Oh well..

She pronounced that I will be de-wired on the 5th. That's... 9 more days. Sigh...
She also mentioned that the one of the plates on my left will be removed. ooer.. can't say i'm looking forward to that ordeal. That means my gums will be sliced open again.

4 comments:

Narcissca Ariadne Alvarez said...

When i look at the before and after picture, I can see that the upper front part of your gums seems to have been reshaped to protrude a little more, forming an arch. Unlike before, which had looked like it is more of a straight line.

And your lower jaw is now has been moved a little to the back, aligning your upper and lower incisors.

That is a very big change that is subtle. You will look like you, just better.

I am anxious about going home tomorrow. Hope to see you again soon.

The mango pudding looks lusciously yummy.

Take care, Nat.

Narcissca Ariadne Alvarez said...

I saw the other similar blogs you linked. They were very enlightening. It' such a wonder how this surgery had made all the difference in these people.

Did they do anything to your upper front gums? They do look different. Or is it just the movement of the lower jaw that made the difference in appearence?

citizenSierra said...

Hey Eus,
Nope. Nothing was done to my upper jaw. Just the lower jaw moved backwards a bit. I kept the sawed off bones of my jaw. :).. Some people might be grossed off by looking at their itty bitty bones kept in a small jar of formaldehyde but not me. Another reminder of what I had gone through.

edy said...

tahniah.........wajah baru..he3.....2009