Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tomorrow's the day

Tomorrow will be exactly 4 weeks since the BSSO( Bilateral split sagital osteotomy). I'll bedewired! That's a welcome thought. Means i'll be able to eat, even thought that means soft diet still. At least i'll be eating, not drinking. However, i am dreading the process of taking off the surgical hooks. If having the wires stitched into my gums was quite the ordeal, i hope them being taken off will be only half the pain. I sometimes wonder where my threshold for pain come from.. really sears/serates through the heart.. the pain does...

I am still at 52.5kg. I take vitamins and supplements every morning. I've not beeen taking painkillers for 1 week now. I haven't had a migraine in more than 4 weeks (knock wood).

I will have my splint out also tomorrow. Aaggh... the slime that i can almost taste from within this enclosure of teeth. This tongue that feels almost furry with 1 month accumulated gunk from milk, porridge, eggs, needs a good scraping and cleaning.

My visit to the eye clinic on Tuesday was as expected. Appointment at 10am. Came at 9.30am. My turn only came at near 12pm. How prosaic. Jejune day it was not. Had a book to accompany me. Schindler's List.

Pakar mata and Head of the Eye Dept, Dr. Shuaibah checked me eye, flashed some light on both eyes, interviewed me some, enlightened me some. All seem not to be too bad. out of the 12 facial nerves, nerve 5 could've been affected due to the surgery. She can't be sure how severe the injury is but 'insyaAllah... it will heal tho it will take time'. Sigh. She recommended eye-lid exercise. Prescribed me some vitamins to help with the nerve recuperation and and also for some eyedrops.

Sigh.

I'm still lopsided on the left side of the face. So's the smile.

No comments: