Saturday, June 13, 2009

5 weeks post op

Technically it was yesterday. The 5th week, i mean. Haven't gained back the weight I lost after going through 4 weeks of being wired. I don't feel like eating. I feel like it's such tedious work. I knowla i have to eat. i don't mind drinking my Ensure. But it can fill me up for 2-3 hours only. The other day I was at a camp and this friend whom i haven't seen in months gestured me over and asked why i looked plump. Umm... I was in uniform then, the uniform hid my body frame. i guess he mistook my swollen face for being plump.

My ortho put me on elastics to stabilize my upper and lower teeth alignment (i think that's what she said.) if the offending molar on my upper right won't shift back to position, it might have to go.. Sigh.. but it won't be pulled out until i can open my mouth wider.

Ability to open mouth : 1 finger's breadth (still)
eye : left eye still can't close properly. tho if forcefully done, i can fully close it now.
teeth : lower front teeth aren't as tender to touch as last week. upper front teeth feels better than lower.

My left cheek used to be more rounded than my right. Now, my left cheek is just this mass of swollen skin. Ooyee...

No comments: