Monday, April 27, 2009

Looking back

Having time in mine hands, and having an internet connection led me to so many other blogs concerning jaw surgery and I particularly found Jannie's blogs interesting as I feel that what I am going through is almost similar.. If there is not going to be any changes to the date of surgery, I'll be having mine in about 19 days.

I should have made this blog a long time ago but pride kept me back. Sure, we ourselves are the worst critics and I am no better. Having the set of teeth that I have was one of many reasons why I had low esteem all these years. I made sure I was healthy, made sure I was fit, but if you THINK you haven't got a good smile, then babe.. you're not there.

That's why I am so glad my journey of being encased in these metal brackets is nearing completion. I am curious as to how I would look having a normal jaw, a 'normal' bite, a normal smile ..no.. a brilliant smile, and many more.

It's also ironic that the nearer I'm getting my jaw surgery done, the less worry I have of being photographed in 'awkward' poses. For example being taken from the side or having my profile taken.. My lower lip juts so far out you could rest a tray of drinks on them! I've come so far.. I've even planned to do something to my hair once I recover from the surgery.
I also should have posted 'before' pics of my teeth earlier.. not only for the benefit of others who suffer from this kind of malocclusion and crowding of teeth but also for myself.

First day wearing braces.. 13thOct2005

I was all smiles..excited but in pain actually. I kept wanting to trace the brackets and the back of my teeth with my tongue (which the doctor didn't encourage).

Sometime in Dec 2005 (2 months after)
I figured since I was going to be in braces a long time, I might as well enjoy the multi-colored o'rings available. This time I chose blue.


Oh..nothing to do with the braces.. just this phase I went through of removing the 130 moles (!!) I had on my face. Oh heck, said I, pain in the mouth, what're pain on the face, eh?

Will post some more later on.

No comments: