Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pensive

I've been searching for infos on jaw surgery for a while now. Once I've found one good link, it's sort of surprising(it shouldn't be) how many other links there are on this topic.
I haven't told a lot of people about my upcoming surgery because I guess I know what some of the response would be. Those whom I know who would be supportive would say things like," Good luck for you then. I'd do the same if I were in your shoes," or "You'd look different eh?" or the funnier ones would say," So, don't forget to keep ur braces, we might want to use them for straightening our teeth."
I thought I needed to explain why I will be away from work two days shy of the actual school holidays and the response was, (after I explained the procedures - which i think now I needn't have) "why are you going to such procedures to trouble yourself?" as if I was wasting my time. It didn't occur to that person that it was MY trouble, and not others. I also guess that she thinks it's a vanity sake. So, i went and explained some more about the trouble I've had for so long of not being able to chew properly...blablabla... She (opps...i've let out the gender) still looked sceptical for some unknown reason.
I've also been in touch with Anthony( this person who posted his jaw surgery on youtube) and asked him some questions about the recovery. Quite helpful.
I'll try to post some photos of me before, during and after surgery, if i don't become too lethargic or groggy from the medication.
till then.

3 comments:

Aiso said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aiso said...

i always support… u r my fren. i don't have many sumandak frens. seeing u in ur new look would feel like getting to know n haaving a new fren i guess. the only ssad thing mebe is that ill b misssin the face i knew b4. hehe.

citizenSierra said...

tq my pren. I won't change that a much la.. muhahahaha... I just might be a bigger eater afterwards..