Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It has been nearly one week since debanding. The very morning after I was released of my braces bondage, I visited Dr.Priscilla for a tooth filling work. The lower left back molar would've given me hell for days if I had left it at that. I had no appointment done so I waited for about 2 hours for an opening.
I have since ate and chewed food gingerly but happily. Though meat gets stuck to the narrow openings in between teeth. I still rely on my mini brush to pry, prod the stuck food away.
Somehow it still feels weird smiling, talking, eating without the resistance of braces. Even brushing my teeth feels weird. The brushes sort of just slides over the teeth, no scraping of metal happening.
My lower left chin is still numb. Good meaning friends would tell me if I still had bread crumbs or morsels of food left on my lower left lip because I really can't feel anything much on that side of the lip.
My left cheek still involuntarily move 'up'whenever I blink.
And...i know i'm slowly gaining weight. I've been taking vitamin B-complex for months now..on account of the Bell's palsy..helping with nerve regeneration now..and this Vit B-complex is really giving me a big appetite for food!

No comments: